THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Music for Jan 2011

I just wrote this whole description for a Ping playlist and it tells me it has to be 2000 characters or less and I don't want to just erase all this so I'm posting it here. Enjoy.


---------

Paris (Ohhh la la) - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - Very throwback to the 70s. Her voice is awesome as well. Can't get enough of that song.



House Music - Benny Benassi - Benny Benassi is back with a HUGE house track for the new decade and, in my opinion, its his best yet. The beat is unrelenting.



Gucci Time - I really was reluctant to like this song since I couldn't stand Gucci Mane up to this point but everything about this song is amazing. The beat, the hook, the rapping, everything. Swizz and Gucci just tear this track up.



Written In The Stars - How Tinie Tempah isn't the biggest thing in the US is beyond me. He is the king of every other country on the globe and for good reason. The guy has about 4-5 KILLER tracks on his debut album. Only matter of time people.



I Love College - I was a Freshmen at Hofstra when this song came out. Needless to say this song was EVERYWHERE. Perfectly captures that 1st semester freshmen year where its all partying all the time. Haven't heard much from Asher since but I'm rooting for him he has a ton of talent.



Memories - This song is flawless. Guetta with a SICK beat and Cudi just fits perfectly in here. Going to be a club staple for a very, very long time.



Jimmy Recard - Song is from '06 but just found it a month ago so its new to me. This is probably the best of the recent Aussie rap I just found by checking out the Aussie iTunes store. He just released a new song thats quite good as well so hopefully he'll catch on here one day.



Whoa Is Me - Found these guys in the Canadian store and they sound SICK! This song is a ton of fun and makes for a great pump-up song too. Hope to hear more from these guys.



Teach Me How To Dougie - This song is the first of the "rap dance" crazes that people actually like. Soulja Boy, Stanky Leg and the rest got nothing on this song. Now if I could only actually DO the Dougie then I might have to make it legendary status.



Blind Man - This song came out a few years ago and I recently rediscovered it and I'm glad I did. The opening rift is so epic, as is the rest of the song. Don't really know what these guys have been up to but if its anything like this I'm happy.



Take Over Control - Whoa. Afrojack. Crazyness. Everytime this song comes on in the club the place goes NUTS! That beat. Oh my god.



Blazin' - This song is good but Nicki makes it GREAT with her intro to the song where she rips through her verse so fast as smooth it reminded me of Busta Rhymes or Twista. Cemented her place as a real rapper and not some Remy Ma one-hit wonder.



No Hands - Not the hugest Waka Flake fan but I am a HUGE fan of Roscoe Dash & Wale and this track did not dissapoint. Waka made himself a star when he tore up the chorus and dropped a sick verse and Wale doesn't disappoint on his verse either.



Like a Stone - One of my favorite songs of all time. Chris Cornell sounds like the musical messiah on this track. TIP: Play this song around a bunch of bunch of drunk people and I promise you that at least half of them will sing along. Works 50% of the time, everytime.



Comin' Up - Adams is the king of college rap and this is his hottest track. Listen and if you aren't a fan you will be by the end.



Alors on Danse (Remix) - This song was pretty big in the club scene a few months ago and then Kanye took a turn on this and just tears it up to levels never before seen by man. It never really blew up though, which shocks me since it was a pretty big hit and Kanye was so good on it.



Take Me For a Ride - Bad City. These guys rock. Bringing back 80s rock and they do it sooooo well. Really wish these guys would get some more love since they're so good.



I'll Be In The Sky - B.o.B is amazing but this track, which came about before his debut CD, is my favorite of his. Quite certain its impossible to be upset while listening to this song as its one of the most fun songs of all time.



Saucy - These guys have performed at my club twice and are AMAZING. Only a matter of time until these guys become superstars.


No video but click THIS LINK to hear the audio


Kickstarts - Another example (no pun intended) of an English artist with a huge song all over the globe that gets no love in the US. Absolutely love everything about this song. The beat, the lyrics, everything. Just more evidence that the best music does indeed come from the UK.


0 comments: